Sassy Salsa Recipe
My Sassy Salsa recipe is light, clean and delicious. With the special addition of health-promoting chia seeds, my healthy salsa becomes a complete meal. Enjoy it with non-GMO tortilla chips, or with my RAWkin’ vegan tacos.
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup cilantro
1-2 cloves garlic, pre-chopped for 5 minutes
1 tbsp lemon or lime, freshly squeezed or 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
pinch green stevia, or 1 tsp unrefined sweetener of choice
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
⅛ tsp hot pepper (add more as needed)
sea salt and black pepper to taste
Add all Sassy Salsa ingredients to your food processor and process for 15-30 seconds until well combined, scraping down the sides in between. Remove salsa and set aside.
Serve with organic tortilla chips, or enjoy as part of my Rawkin’ Vegan Tacos recipe!
Tips and Techniques
- Pre-chopping garlic and allowing them to sit for 5-10 minutes before use will enable the formation of healthy sulfur-containing compounds.
- Stirring chia seeds into the finished salsa will thicken in, as well as add macronutrients to the recipe.
Why I Love My Recipe
I love salsa, but I have always been disappointed with store bought varieties. My healthy salsa recipe is so tasty, I can finish it in one sitting! And the best part is that it leaves me feeling wonderful and satisfied.
- Tomatoes deliver a diverse selection of both vitamins and minerals to the body, including the powerful antioxidant vitamin C
- Chia seeds are rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber, meaning they feed the microflora in your gut, as well as add bulk to your stool
- Garlic, when pre-chopped, gives rise to sulfur-containing compounds which are associated with prevention of heart disease, inflammatory disease, cancer and the generation of antioxidants